Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
insaneoctane
Forum MemberPosts: 59Gear list
Like?
E-510 autofocus in low light question
8 months ago

I've been fairly happy with my E-510 since I bought it years ago. I really love the performance and speed compared to all my p&s cameras. But, one thing that has started to annoy me is the poor performance of the autofocus in low light conditions. Particularly indoors with low ambient lighting, the e-510 hunts and often never locksus and I end up with no photo. It is very frustraiting. I have disabled the rapif flashing that is supposed to help because it is super annoying and I didn't notice it helped much. I have the kit lenses (Olympus 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 Zuiko Lens & Olympus 40-150mm F4.0-5.6 Zuiko Lens). I am usually using the short lens indoors.  Is the f3.5 my problem? Or is the e-510 bad in low light? I noticed Nikon and Cannon have some nice 18-200mm f2.8 lens options for their cameras, does Olympus have any options here? Any advice?

insaneoctane's gear list:insaneoctane's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V Samsung WB250F Olympus E-510
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow