Veteran MemberPosts: 3,201Gear list
Like?
It surely is opinion...
In reply to Basalite, 9 months ago

Basalite wrote:

Mike CH wrote:

Basalite wrote:

Lightpath48 wrote:

My impression of pixel-peeping is that it is an overemphasis on pixel-level image quality.

There's no such a thing. Pixels make up a digital image so. All of them are important.

Pixel-peepers are perhaps more interested in the performance aspects of their cameras than in making photos.

A proper photographer is not only seeking artistic excellence but also technical excellence. Something as fundamental as maximizing image detail and sharpness can only be properly detrmined by viewing at 100%.

And it is certainly yours.

No, it is fact.

No, it is opinion. Facts which are not nigh universally acknowledged are really only opinions.

But you are welcome to it. If if rocks your boat...

But is it universal?

Obviously not amongst those ignorant enough to be using the idiotic term pixel peeping.

Or are you projecting your conceptions of proper photography unto the world?

No, it is fact.

Yes, you are.

Mind, personally I cannot stand technically inferior images passed of as art, when a little bit of effort could have improved the image. But I cannot go as far as to claim that technical excellence is the only proper way of photography.

Read again what I wrote.

I did. You are defining - for your own purposes and needs - what proper photography is. And that boils down to opinion. To which you are heartily welcome. And with which I am certainly allowed to disagree.

Regards, Mike

-- hide signature --

Wait and see...

Mike CH's gear list:Mike CH's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow