Would you call this pixel peeping:

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 2,392Gear list
Like?
Re: Would you call this pixel peeping:
In reply to AlphaTikal, 6 months ago

AlphaTikal wrote:

Just to clarify, as you told the same thing again and again. I already know bayer and foveon sensors. This does not change the fact, that single pixel are not important as you desceibe. At least, not in all cases.

Ok a test for you. Replace 100 pixels randomwise in your foeon generates image. Enlarge the image to fi whole screen. Look at it from (normal) distance.

I don't know if you understand what i try to explain or if you just don't want understand. What you describe as facr is not a fact, because you say it is one.

What is a fact is some people enjoy and even prefer to focus on individual spots within an image when they look at it. I myself do this, it doesn't matter what the image is, i appreciate each and every little piece. Read my posting history, it's no coincidence i promote the usefulness of a wide DOF (as opposed to razor thin FF @F1.2 DOF), i like a photo to show the entire scene. Not always but very often. Neither you or the next guy have the right to tell me i am looking at a photo in the wrong way, and if pixel level performance enhances the detail in how i like to view an image, then it is of benefit.

So this is where you say that most people don't view it as i do, as if that matters. The fact is there are a lot of people who like to look at smaller individual portions of a photo and like it to be clear and sharp and detailed. If this is not you, great, enjoy your 2MP camera that you can view in all it's glory on your 1080p computer monitor. I however will not let judgmental people like you pretend you know what is best for me.

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow