Olympus OM-D E-M1 in Hong Kong, Shenzhen and some test shots.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
in_saner
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
Olympus OM-D E-M1 in Hong Kong, Shenzhen and some test shots.
7 months ago

Happy New Year to everyone!

I've started to use micro 4/3 with Lumix GX1 couple of years ago, and felt in love with this camera. But time goes by and I've desided to upgrade. While been in Hong Kong, there was a great opportunity to purchase Oly E-M1. I manage to trade it on a street for $2000 US - 12-40/2.8 kit, that seemd to be a good price.

Need to say that camera turned to be an almost perfect instrument. Lots of settings and great spec. I believe that it's a huge step forward of micro 4/3 system overall. I had kit lens, Lumix 7-14/4, and in Shenzhen I've traded Zuiko 45/1.8 and 17/2.8 for $350 US for both. As well as adapters for Nikon lens and for M42.

So, I've done some photos and really enjoyed process! Image stabilisation is something amazing! Hand-held shots at 1/6 sec was not a problem at all. Exposure metering is precisely accurate. Battery life... well I've gust bought two extra batteries for $15 US each in Shenzhen, so there were no problems with that.

Overall, amazing camera with lots of options and possibilities. Thank you, Olympus, truly.

Please, check some photos I've done. Comments are always welcome!

-- hide signature --

Andrey Khludeyev

in_saner's gear list:in_saner's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +10 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow