Would you call this pixel peeping:

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
BertIverson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,974Gear list
Like?
Nothing wrong with "Digitally Zooming" provided ...
In reply to Prognathous, 8 months ago

Prognathous wrote:

When I'm showing pictures from a trip to friends, I prefer to display the picture on my FullHD 50" TV rather than pass around small prints. In some cases, the picture contains multiple subjects and many interesting details, so I switch to 100% magnification and show specific parts which include details I consider worth focusing on. In practice, I use the same technique people use when pixel peeping (100% magnification), and if image quality is lacking it's tough for me not to notice it, though I don't tend to point to technical shortcomings. Would you call this practice "pixel peeping"?

Hey Prog,

I am guessing, that occasionally, we all do what you describe and this is probably why so many of us on DPR are IQ and pixel noise phobic.
I have 20MP and see no problem with 2:1 digital zoom (5MP). However, at 100% viewing the pixels need to be "clean". To me, clean pixels mean lower ISO and no motion blurring (and of course focused properly)
When viewing the whole frame, I could care less about pixel noise and lens quality. (typically neither can be seen)

my 0.02

Bert

BertIverson's gear list:BertIverson's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NoNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow