The Philosophy of Nikon Df

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
AWG_Pics
Contributing MemberPosts: 684Gear list
Like?
Df appeal to some people's human nature
In reply to Richard Murdey, 8 months ago

There is a fascinating book by Timothy Wilson "Strangers to Ourselves: Discovering the Adaptive Unconscious" wherein he makes the point that coupled with all our other traits that seem to make us human and interested in photography and imagery is a deeply ingrained desire to 'fiddle aroud with things'. If true, then the Df certainly is a stroke of genius by nikon. For me it rings no bells at all, since I seem tobe able to scratch my fiddling itch with conventional digital cameras and PP work. I suspect the Df really hits the fiddling bullseye with some people with the digital fusion dials and knobs coupled with a very good sensor.

I offer this as a potential explanation as to why some people react so viscerally to the Df. Lots of things to fiddle with can be either huge fun, while getting great images. Or it can seem a huge distraction while trying to get great images.

AWG_Pics's gear list:AWG_Pics's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 Nikon Coolpix P330 Nikon D40 Nikon D90 Nikon D700 +40 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow