JimBim
Regular MemberPosts: 218Gear list
Like?
Re: Please help me to stay with Pentax!
In reply to SBS, 10 months ago

SBS wrote:

JimBim wrote:

Than you kikivrany. You did nice job.

I'm shooting in RAW nearly every time with my K20 and istDL and process it in LR. In this case my aim was to see how jpg comes directly from camera without my intervention.

Audrius

Is this because you want to start shooting in jpeg? Since I always shoot in raw, I never give a camera's jpeg output a second thought. But as pointed out in this thread, the K3 shot is a little over exposed, and probably on the bright setting – two very simple adjustments. Why don't you go back and try your test again with those adjustments? I for one would enjoy seeing the results of Take 2.

As also pointed out, the test criteria favors FF cameras. If this is your typical shooting situation (inside @ ISO 1600+), then a FF may be your best choice. But I would also take a look at the K5II(s). And the most intelligent way to answer your question, since money does not seem to be an object, is to rent the cameras for a week (try Lensrental.com) and give them a thorough testing.

Thank you SBS for the answer!

In my case I'm doing a lot of shooting at dog shows. I'm running a website for dogs. At one dog show I'm doing 100 and more shoots. I have to upload all pictures to my website as soon as possible and have no time to work with PP. This is the reason why jpg directly from a camera are so important for me. For other shooting I'm happy with my K20.

Audrius

JimBim's gear list:JimBim's gear list
Pentax *ist DL Pentax K20D Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow