still torn between m43 and Full Frame systems

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
PaulChapman
Contributing MemberPosts: 949Gear list
Like?
Re: still torn between m43 and Full Frame systems
In reply to robonrome, 11 months ago

Seems to me that the big bonus of M43 is the size and weight; downside is some people's difficulty with the EVF concept and (me particularly) with an excess of gimmickry. If you are strong and size is no problem then FF is going to win. If you travel then something smaller is going to be better. The Sony A7/7r appears to be a good compromise though...although the FF lenses are not going to get smaller. Or you go Leica M/M9 as FF and m43 which has been my route driven primarily by airline carry-on limitations. When I travel I can carry a couple of bodies, good quality prime lenses and a tablet for photostoring/internet...all as carry on. As for daily use... I always carry either the Leica or M43 (GX7 or GF1) since they are so easy to bung in a bag. In all probability FF is overkill for most people (me anyway) but using good kit gives you confidence and generally results in better end results.

PaulChapman's gear list:PaulChapman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Leica M9-P Leica M Typ 240 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow