still torn between m43 and Full Frame systems

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
FunkyIQ
New MemberPosts: 15Gear list
Like?
Re: still torn between m43 and Full Frame systems
In reply to robonrome, 9 months ago

"The best picture is taken by the camera you have with you." That was how I decided to sell my old DSLR.

I was kind of in the same position as you some time ago. I did not shoot FF, but I used a Nikon D300s which is quite bigger than the m43 system. Too often I found myself not bringing the D300s along because it simply was too big. I sold the Nikon and got a XZ-1 which I love and I take it with me all the time. That F1.8 of the XZ-1 is great for a compact, but I missed the flexibility which the option to change lens gives, so now I also have an Olympus PL6 (almost identical to the PL5).

If you aren't ready to let go of your Canon gear yet you should get an adapter, if you do not have one already, and try out your FF lenses on your m43 I know it contradicts the portability, but if I had the option, I would definitely try it out. Try to check out the metabone speed booster.

When I read your post it sounds like you already have said goodbye to the 5d3, but good luck with your final decision

FunkyIQ's gear list:FunkyIQ's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow