Have RF lenses had their day ?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,709
Like?
Why the giggles?
In reply to JamieTux, 8 months ago

JamieTux wrote:

Is that why they gave a voucher for a free metabones adapter in Australia?
http://www.sony.com.au/microsite/a7redemption/

A rather obvious 'bait-and-switch' marketing ploy... and the extra premium that Aussi customers normally pay for their gear probably covered the cost of the adaptor anyway!

It appeals to existing owners of those other systems and encourages them to buy the 'bargain-priced' A7 or A7r. Their existing lenses 'work' on the A7 via the adaptor, but not quite as well as an alternative E-mount lens would work. What do the owners do? Some will certainly replace their current lenses with E-mount ones!

I'm currently in a rather similar situation... I recently bought an expensive long telephoto zoom in A-mount (70-400G) to use on my NEX-5R as there was nothing suitable in A-mount. The resulting IQ is good, but operationally the the E->A-mount adaptor is driving me crazy so I am now wondering about buying an SLT-A77 (or changing system, or just hoping for an E-mount alternative to be released in the nearish future)!

I got 'baited-and-switched' by the 'adaptor' idea, and I'm sure I'm not the only one...

-- hide signature --

DUMP the HUMP! Campaign for *REAL* NEX replacement bodies

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow