Have RF lenses had their day ?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
EdnaBambrick
Regular MemberPosts: 268Gear list
Like?
Re: Have RF lenses had their day ?
In reply to harold1968, 11 months ago

Leica still has kitsch and that goes a long way.  They make good photos, even great, especially when you're north of 800 ISO and 34mm.  I wish Leicas worked as good as they look and feel.  I had an M6 and still have an M3 and the lenses have a place on those cameras.  But they don't live up to the sensors of the day and the price/value relation isn't there.

Lloyd also pretty much said that the FE55 goes head to head and beats the Leica Apo and at 1/8th the cost.  The 55 also gave the Coastal Optics a pretty good spanking on JK.

The best lens in the world prior to the Otus was the Apo Sonnar 135mm.  But these are heavy lenses my camera bag with an Otus, Apo, the 21mm and FE55 and two bodies weighs 12lbs fully loaded and some of these lenses protrude nearly a foot once you add in the adapter and hood.   Hard to be discrete in that case.

The thing is, once you have all of the crap you wanted you start looking for the crap that allows you to leave all of that stuff at home and still get the near IQ you get with the heavy lugging crap. 

EdnaBambrick's gear list:EdnaBambrick's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/21 Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/28 Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 1,4/35 Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1,4/50 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow