Are Full Frame SLRs Obsolete?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 17,281Gear list
Like?
Not for me...
In reply to Colin Smith1, 6 months ago

I went from m4/3's (OMD E-M5) to a 5D2 and am very happy with it. With some decent prime lenses you still won't beat the quality and the ability to get shallow dof at wide angles. You can get shallow dof on m4/3's but not at wide angles, that's just the physics of the sensor size. For many people m4/3s is more than good enough, for some, the look of full frame is just more appealing. Whichever you choose there is a trade off involved. I like the ergonomics of a bigger DSLR, I didn't realise how much I missed it until I went back to one, when I'm 70 I probably won't be so keen on the size and weight, but by then we should have some pretty small full frame cameras. The good news is that we have loads of choices, so it's all good for me.

-- hide signature --

“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
SureNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow