Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
tgutgu
Senior MemberPosts: 3,292Gear list
Like?
Re: still torn between m43 and Full Frame systems
In reply to Jerodequin, 10 months ago

Jerodequin wrote:

Hi Robonrome,

How do you find the evf on the gh3? Many vocal people on these forums made a lot of noise about how "bad" it is... How does it compare to the evf on your old G series camera?

Thanks, J

Well, compared to what is possibly today (see view finders of Sony A99, A7, E-M1, and E-M5) the GH3 EVF is really a disappointment. If you try the E-M1 you can see how a state of the art VF should be. I could never see without stress for the eyes through the GH3 finder, whereas this is not the case with all other finders mentioned above. So it should not be my eyes. The GH3 finder has a problematic ocular, which can't cope very well with its overstretched 16:9 aspect ratio.

A common reaction of many people in the web is to attribute the finder design problem to the user's eye sight, which is mostly nonsense, at least for people, which don't have problems with the aforementioned view finders. Others simply write that they get used to the problems, which is a kind of resignation.

I had three G/GH cameras before switching to OM-D bodies, and must say that the finders of the GH3 predecessors IMO were better to use. Of course, you have to try it yourself, but you asked for an opinion.

-- hide signature --

Thomas

tgutgu's gear list:tgutgu's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-PL7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +26 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow