still torn between m43 and Full Frame systems

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Brian Wadie
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,469Gear list
Like?
Re: You have not yet experienced the true size advantage of m43.
In reply to robonrome, 9 months ago

" I really need to read the manual better, I had thought I could only reduce the Auto Preview time not turn it off… I just realised that if I scrolled further down on the relevant GH3 menu option there is an "off"… i just ran off a few sprays and there is a slight lag, but it should be ok for my purposes so another issue bites the dust"

It does make a real difference doesn't it and it bugs me a little that both Panasonic and Olympus have it set it on as a default and bury the off switch deep in the menu

I have found if I want the maximum speed its best to work in manual mode as I get the impression that working in Aperture or shutter priority there is a little lag added from the exposure metering process (small but still there)

I have got my system set up now so that the shutter lag is inconsequential compared to my own lag between thinking "that's the shot" and actually pressing the shutter button. I am never blocked from getting the shot by camera lag (from whatever source), this is the case whether it be Falcons coming off the stoop to hit the lure, a bee backing out and flying off from a flower, motor sport or windsurf action etc

I do believe a lot of the problems people are having in transferring from DSLR to M4/3rds are to do with not changing their mind-set and not reading the (horribly complex) manuals to find all the essential but hidden tricks for squeezing the maximum performance from whichever system they choose

-- hide signature --

So much to learn, so little time left to do it!

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow