The Sunday BIRD Volume 9, Issue 28 January 5, 2014

Started 11 months ago | Photos thread
Denjw
Senior MemberPosts: 2,516Gear list
Like?
A few shots with the E-M1 and 50-200mm SWD +EC2.0
In reply to Richard Pavek, 11 months ago

Initially I was not getting the results I was when using this combo on the E-5.

Tried the AF adjust but I don't know if it is my eyesight or not but I couldn't see any obvious need to adjust the focus points. Based on my results with the E-5 I know the combo worked well and so I left things as they were.

Did some test shots on a tripod. Nothing very scientific just at full zoom, AP at f/8, antishock at 8sec, changing the ISO through the range 200-3200 to increase shutter speed. Results looked fine so maybe its just handholding is more sensitive because of the addition of the adaptor and I will need to watch my shutter speed more. This where shooting at F/8 is a distinct disadvantage.

Fortunately with the E-M1 the better sensor allows shooting with a higher ISO. With the E-30/E-5 I was reluctant to shoot higher then 800.

Anyway here are some shots from this week, I think I maybe getting the hang of using this combo.

Eastern Spinebills in the backyard

Been trying to get one like this for awhile and nearly nailed it.

Azure Kingfisher

Cheers

Dennis

-- hide signature --
 Denjw's gear list:Denjw's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow