still torn between m43 and Full Frame systems

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Paul De Bra
Forum ProPosts: 11,414Gear list
Like?
You have not yet experienced the true size advantage of m43.
In reply to robonrome, 11 months ago

Sure, coming from a 5D-size camera and lenses the GH3 must feel small, but m43 can go much smaller in both camera and lenses and then you would really see the benefit of the format.

My last film slr was the Olympus OM-G, in the late eighties and used throughout the nineties (although not that much), mostly just with the 50mm f/1.8. My first DSLR was the Canon Digital Rebel (aka 300D) in 2004 and it just felt huge. I could never really get used to the size. Moving to m43 with the E-M5 was like coming home back to smaller size without giving up image quality.

The E-M1 lost some of that small size appeal and it's an Olympus so not that familiar to you. Maybe you should have a look at the GX7? You should definitely try something to better take advantage of the small size of m43.

-- hide signature --

Slowly learning to use the Olympus OM-D E-M5.
Public pictures at http://debra.zenfolio.com/.

Paul De Bra's gear list:Paul De Bra's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow