still torn between m43 and Full Frame systems

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Richard Weisgrau
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,032
Like?
Re: still torn between m43 and Full Frame systems
In reply to robonrome, 7 months ago

Yes,  I do have a Lumix DMW-GWC1 wide angle adapter attached to my 14/2.5. It converts the 14mm to 11mm.  You can see the difference in angle of view here, and you can see more about the combo here.

My new mantra is travel light. I have an assignment for some travel websites in late January in the Caribbean. Looking forward to the warm. It is 15 degrees F here in Philadelphia right now so the thought of warm is appealing.

I have decided to do the work with two G6 bodies, the 14/2.5 and wide angle adapter, 20mm/1.7, 14-42 version 2, 45-150, and Oly FL36R flash. In FF terms that gives me coverage from 22mm to 300mm in a package that will weigh about 7 pounds. With that kind of weight reduction in gear I might just work another 20 years.

Honestly, if I had to take two Nikon D700 bodies, an SB 700 flash, and the same lens range coverage in Nikon FF gear, I probably would have turned down the gig in spite of the cold.

-- hide signature --

Richard Weisgrau
www.drawnwithlight.com
www.show-my-house.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow