I'll find a way! Being creative with CV15 despite the setbacks on A7r.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
S3ZAi
Contributing MemberPosts: 729Gear list
Like?
I'll find a way! Being creative with CV15 despite the setbacks on A7r.
3 months ago

Two recent shots with CV15 on my A7r. It's not an easy combo, on top of that, these photos were made before the lens compensation app was available, so had to do a lot of editing from scratch. Magenta cast and vignetting are terrible, even worse than on my nex7. A7r also adds some weird yellowish patch on top when the camera is held horizontal (it stays on the same spot even if camera is turned around.

But then, I like to be creative anyway, I'm looking for some crazy personal style all the time. Perhaps I have overdone it a bit here, but this way I could combine creativity with avoiding the problems, so two birds with one stone. I especially like the second one:

There are still some ugly color shift patches, especially in the sky, but I'm not expecting to win any awards anyway. I do this purely for fun, so I didn't feel like spending much more time on those patches. Going b&w would be another option to get rid of the color issues altogether, but I really liked the evening sunshine, so I  kept it partially color.

I so wish there would be a 15mm ish UWA lens that's as good as the CV15 perhaps 1.5 times bigger without those color issues. I  would be willing to pay some serious cash for it. I am considering the zeiss distagon 15mm. I'm not sure how big it is though, if it's not too big, I will buy it someday, I'm sure of it.

-- hide signature --

Sezai E., philosophy geek, bibliophile and creative photographer.
Cheers!

S3ZAi's gear list:S3ZAi's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow