Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brycesteiner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,290Gear list
Like?
annoyance with E-M1
7 months ago

My son had just purchased and E-M1 and it does a great job.

There is a couple of annoying things I find with it.

1. The shutter button is not two stage in it's feel. I've never noticed an Olympus camera where you cannot feel a two stage, focus first then shutter, button. The feedback is important in this.

2. The 4/3 lenses cause a lag while focusing on the E-M1 while it doesn't on the EM-5. I suppose the 5 is doesn't let the focusing interrupt since it's not compatible and therefore doesn't interrupt the computer from focusing.

I could care less for the complexity of the menus and assigning the functions to the buttons. I could get used to it though. Focus peaking slows the refresh in the EVF down i've noticed.

I don't intend to sound negative because the camera is great!The HDR seems to work well and most everything else is similar to the E-M5. For me the biggest issue is the button. I keep taking pictures when I think I'm still focusing.

-- hide signature --

Make it a Great day!

brycesteiner's gear list:brycesteiner's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +5 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow