50mm Prime with Resolution for a D800? Come on Nikon/Sigma!

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
light_bulb
Contributing MemberPosts: 509
Like?
Re: 50mm Prime with Resolution for a D800? Come on Nikon/Sigma!
In reply to michaeladawson, 8 months ago

michaeladawson wrote:

light_bulb wrote:

According to to my understanding, moiré is also dependent on output size and resolution. For the most of it you may have it on a screen but not in print.

I once had blueish moiré patterns in black fabric with a Pentax 645D with FA 120 4 Macro. With the D800 I have noticed it with feather detail but no yet with fabric.

I do not think that moiré provides indication for highly resolving lenses.

I was not talking about all Nikon lenses but I think all D800 users are aware that many lenses are not exactly designed for it.

Scott, above, has it a little closer. Nikon lenses may not have the best micro-contrast at extreme high resolution.

That can be fixed.

I am talking about moiré at 100% zoom. No print/output size involved here. My lenses give moiré at 36mp which they would not do if the lens didn't out resolve the sensor.

Agreed. Moiré is only 'valid' at 100% screen size. Probably we will get rid of those regular patterns on sensors and screens that help to create it.

I wouldn't argue with anyone who said Zeiss lenses best Nikon. But it's not because Nikon lenses don't out resolve the sensor. Zeiss simply are better... and you pay for it.

Well not all Zeiss lenses are that good. Mainly the ones I mentioned above. Wide angle is another 'issue' and I might start another thread on it but will not.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow