50mm Prime with Resolution for a D800? Come on Nikon/Sigma!

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
michaeladawson
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,677Gear list
Like?
Re: 50mm Prime with Resolution for a D800? Come on Nikon/Sigma!
In reply to light_bulb, 8 months ago

light_bulb wrote:

According to to my understanding, moiré is also dependent on output size and resolution. For the most of it you may have it on a screen but not in print.

I once had blueish moiré patterns in black fabric with a Pentax 645D with FA 120 4 Macro. With the D800 I have noticed it with feather detail but no yet with fabric.

I do not think that moiré provides indication for highly resolving lenses.

I was not talking about all Nikon lenses but I think all D800 users are aware that many lenses are not exactly designed for it.

Scott, above, has it a little closer.  Nikon lenses may not have the best micro-contrast at extreme high resolution.

I am talking about moiré at 100% zoom.  No print/output size involved here.  My lenses give moiré at 36mp which they would not do if the lens didn't out resolve the sensor.

I wouldn't argue with anyone who said Zeiss lenses best Nikon.  But it's not because Nikon lenses don't out resolve the sensor.  Zeiss simply are better... and you pay for it.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow