whats up with my FZ200 images

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
GeraldW
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,978Gear list
Like?
Re: whats up with my FZ200 images
In reply to cmc1, 8 months ago

The lens is sharpest at f/3.2, and f/2.8 and f/4 are just slightly less sharp; but f/5.6 and f/8 are significantly less sharp.  Use of ISO 400 isn't helping either.  An aperture of f/8 is 3 stops slower than f/2.8, that's an 8:1 ratio.  At f/2.8 and ISO 100, your shutter speed would have been 1/160.  Dark day or not, you didn't need ISO 400; your use of f/8 forced the use of ISO 400.

Just about all of us FZ200 "veteran users" have settled on NR-2 to reduce the effects of NR smearing of details.  iA invokes iResolution and that will do some smearing on things like foliage and grass.  Better to use P (program) mode.  I've had three FZ200's (don't ask) and the last one, bought in May 2013 is the best and works very well with NR-2, sharpening +1 (settings my first one hated).  Those settings were also recommended by Graham Houghton in his excellent, and free, e Book on the FZ200.  You might try those settings on yours and see.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot A710 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot G15
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow