Started Aug 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,260Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony E 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS PZ (SEL-1650) - Review / Test Report
In reply to Sol Invictus, 11 months ago

Sol Invictus wrote:

Mel Snyder wrote:

But their testing on an NEX-7 is completely inappropriate. The lens wasn't designed for a 24mp sensor - especially one that has issues with many lenses that work just fine on the 16mp sensors.

Can you please shed shome light on why this is so? I happen to bump on this conclusion now and then when reading lens revies but can't figure out how someone comes to this conclusion. I guess it is related to border sharpness and megapixels.

This is my assumption -- it may be sharp over most of the field for 14mp or 16mp, but the lens may not be able to keep up with 24mp.

The other issue, and probably more what Mel was hinting at, might be that the Nex-7 has trouble with some more compact, RF-style lenses, particularly at the wider angles (requiring cornerfix, for instance). I'm not sure if this applies to the 16/2.8 or 16-50PZ.

-- hide signature --

To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wild flower, hold Infinity in the palm of your hand and Eternity in an hour...

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow