Sony E 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS PZ (SEL-1650) - Review / Test Report

Started Aug 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Greynerd
Senior MemberPosts: 3,492
Like?
Re: Sony E 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS PZ (SEL-1650) - Review / Test Report
In reply to dan801, 7 months ago

The review is a bit of a numbers exercise in a physics lab. Their machine does not seem to print out figures for compactness so that does not seem to interest them. Also as they can presumably fit their test grid or blank wall into the field of view of a 20mm lens if they can stand far enough back so the extra given by 16mm is not important. I cannot see they really allow for how small the lens is and they compare it with the NX 20-50 which is a much more limited lens in practical use even if it chucks out the right statistics.

dan801 wrote:

http://www.photozone.de/sony_nex/842-sony1650f3556oss

So looking at these results: I was about to buy myself a new nex camera 5r. The camera seems to be perfect for what I want and seems to be an outstanding sensor compared to say m43 cameras. However now looking at the results of all the latest lens test (I would use this lens quite a bit when travelling) I'm worried about all the issues mentioned in the article. Perhaps I'm better of buying a m43 camera with better kit lens and may still come out on top? At $600 max for a camera and lens kit what do you think I should do? Stick with nex or go to say a panasonic 4/3 camera?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow