Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
digitalhecht
Forum MemberPosts: 59
Like?
One Camera to Rule Them All...
6 months ago

I have been mulling this over for over two-three months now to the point of obsession. I am a current happy Canon 6D owner. (Ironically my first FF camera was a Sony RX-1, which I sold once I knew the goodness of FF. I wanted more versatility, hence the 6D after selling the RX-1. I still do miss it though...) Now that the RX-1 goodness comes in the versatile package of the A7/A7r, I comb the net daily for new reviews. I would like a versatile compact FF system that can be used more discreetly for street photography. I did pull the trigger once at Best Buy. Alas, typical of them, the A7 kit had been returned previously and with no documentation at all. So back it went before I had the chance to really play. (The same Best Buy is the ONLY store within 50 miles that still has it in stock. I GUARANTEE you they have had that same kit returned multiple times since!) So with a Metabones Speed Booster for EF lenses, the plan is to keep my two L lenses, sell off the Canon 6D body, three non-L lenses and X100S to help finance an A7 kit and 35mm FE prime. So, has anyone else made a similar move recently? Are you happy with your decision? (Stating the obvious: I fall into the hobbyist/enthusiast category. I am not a professional, but certainly not averse to making a few extra dollars at some point.) Thanks in advance for your input/feedback!

Ed

(Anyone is welcome to complete my subject line. ...And in the darkness, light them?)

Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X100S Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow