viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,551Gear list
Like?
Re: They say it's lousy at 16mm:
In reply to DLeeT, 9 months ago

DLeeT wrote:

Sol Invictus wrote:

DLeeT wrote:

Lousy maybe compared to another kit lens like the 1855. You'll never know unless you've got some comparisson shots. I did make the test and although the difference between the two was marginal, I will keep the SEL1855 not only for it's IQ but also for it's ergonomics. Working below 18mm is taken care of by my SEL1018.

Nice shot btw, still not a 16MP one.

"Still not a 16MP..." I don't understand; it was taken with a NEX-6.

It isn't a full sized image you posted, and f/13 diffraction limit puts your actual resolution around 5.6 MP anyway. I.e. any lens looks about alike at f/13, and with the diffraction limit the picture wouldn't have looked any different on say one of the old Sony 6 MP sensors in the early DSLR cameras.

Short point being the image doesn't show the lens's potential or lack thereof. All that really matters is if the lens performs how you need it to.

My point with that lens is it is a 6-10 MP lens, not a 10-20 MP lens.  Nothing wrong with that.

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow