Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Canon image quality/rendering
11 months ago

I'm not a "fan" of any brand, but I found it interesting how at very first when I made the decision to switch to Canon (going FF), I looked up pictures with different lenses, to help me choose lenses, I found the way Canon renders an image a little unpleasant, but after a while I couldn't take my eyes off some pictures. I just love the way Canon renders images (I had forgotten how much I love it!) and I'm glad to be doing my shooting with a Canon again. It's just a different way of rendering from Nikon, Pentax and other brands (Nikon has great IQ but I don't like how Nikon renders images most of the time) and I absolutely love it. I found it interesting how at first it seemed to disagree with me, because the brand I'm switching over from renders images in a totally different (also pleasant, but different) way. Interesting how it's possible to get so used to the way my own camera renders images that it makes the way other cameras render images less pleasant. Anyone else experienced this?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
RawNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow