Contributing MemberPosts: 776Gear list
Like?
Re: Idiot question alert - 52 focus points
In reply to Truman Prevatt, 11 months ago

Truman Prevatt wrote:

Midwest wrote:

paul2009 wrote:

Be brutal. I need to learn.

Someone who knows he needs to learn is already smarter than the person who thinks he knows it all already.

Or as Socrates said, "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

Or maybe the quote of John F. Kennedy is more appropriate, "The greater our knowledge increases, the greater our ignorance unfolds."

When someone knows everything - live must be quite boring since you can learn nothing additional. When one stops learning his art form and improving his skill and craft is the day they are not longer a photographer.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

+ 2 million !!!

I love the quotes!

The way I describe it myself is . . . "I don't know what I don't know! You know?"

I mean . . . if you want to find out about something about a certain aspect about photography, there's a really good chance that you can type it into Google and something will get spit out . . . but the problem is . . . if you don't know something exists . . . how would you ever find it on Google in the first place? You don't know what you don't know! You know?

I saw this thread way back when . . . and I thought it was terrific! A potential for some random input . . . to learn something new . . .

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/38985165

I tried posting the same request on another forum but there weren't many takers on giving something useful back. If someone asked for help . . . I'd like to think I'd try to offer assistance . . .

-- hide signature --
 TacticDesigns's gear list:TacticDesigns's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix XP50 Pentax *ist DS Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 Pentax Q +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow