Older wide angle prime/zoom for 5D and 1D3?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
richiemccaw
Regular MemberPosts: 431Gear list
Like?
Older wide angle prime/zoom for 5D and 1D3?
9 months ago

Hi all,

Have been working on landscape a lot these past 3-4 months on my Nex 6 and its kit lens. Didnt really use my 5D and 1D3 on landscapes primarily because of the lower megapixel sensors.

However as the Nex kit lens doesnt seem to resolve very well, or has its resolution affected because of correction for distortion in LR, I have started to look at other lenses which may resolve better, or more importantly have less distortion.

I am leaning towards EF lenses so that I can use them across my three cameras but am trying to avoid the more modern EF 17-40 f4L, EF 16-35 f2.8L I & II because they have a fair amount of distortion at the wider end, are out of my budget or perhaps are just not that value for money now.

My search over the past few days has yielded quite a few options, from the Voigtlander 15mm f4.5 (more for the Nex only), EF 20mm f2.8, EF 28mm f2.8, EF 17-35 f2.8L, EF 20-35 f2.8L, EF 20-35 f3.5-4.5.

I have ordered a OM-EF adapter for my 5D and 1D3 so I can use my Olympus OM 28mm f2.8 as well.

Does anyone who has dabbled with the options listed above? Especially with the 5D and 1D3?

Thanks.

richiemccaw's gear list:richiemccaw's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +6 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow