Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Linda F
Regular MemberPosts: 358
Like?
Best M4/3 for birding and wildlife
3 months ago

I would be grateful for any opinions you may have on the best M4/3 equipment for general use, but a bias towards birding and macro work.

It looks as though my DSLR days are over due to old age and a shoulder problem! I have sold most of my kit, and will probably now get rid of the rest as I will not be able to manage the weight. I've gone some way towards m4/3 with a G6, plus 100-300 and 14-140. The reduction in weight and bag size is astonishing. Do you think that an Olympus body would be 'better' than the G6, e.g. faster focus, I'm considering an OM-D EM5? I'm assuming that if I get another body Olympus would be a good choice as I will be able to interchange lenses etc with the Panasonic. I do already have a Panny FZ200, and am looking at a Stylus 1 for a small take anywhere camera. I'm well aware of the limitations imposed by m4/3 in some areas but will now need to learn to live with, and overcome them. To some extent, money isn't too much of a limitation as the sale of my DSLR kit will fund new purchases.

Thank you in advance for any opinions and experience you may have.
Linda

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow