Why is the A7 selling cheaper than the A99 ?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
kartikjayaraman
Contributing MemberPosts: 536Gear list
Like?
Re: Why is the A7 selling cheaper than the A99 ?
In reply to K E Hoffman, 8 months ago

K E Hoffman wrote:

This is part of the problem with some Sony users.. I think some of them got into Minolta because of price and its not a discount brand anymore. and they have unrealistic expectations. That just on the facts of it don't make sense.

-- hide signature --

K.E.H. >> Shooting between raindrops in WA<<

Actually when I started shooting Sony, the A300 had some great features which caught my attention and yes the prices were pretty competitive. I am sure some users still see Sony/Minolta as a value brand (nothing wrong with that at all). However we need to realize that Nikon and Canon have been in the DSLR market for a long term and IMO have a much better selection of lenses than Sony/Minolta in the FF segment. Bodies come and go but lenses  are the focal point of investment in a brand. I am not an expert on this but whenever I ask my friends they tell me that Sony might be great for the APS-C segment but Canon and Nikon rule the FF segment due to their FF lens arsenal..  Sony on the other hand has confused things by bringing up a new E mount for their FF lenses which cannot be used on their exiting A mount FF cameras.

-- hide signature --
 kartikjayaraman's gear list:kartikjayaraman's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow