New Samyang 14mm f2.8 in E mount: APS-C only, or FF too?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Nate Dogg
Regular MemberPosts: 237
Like?
Re: Forget it. I'm not going back to traveling like a lens sherpa.
In reply to Mel Snyder, 11 months ago

This lens weighs and measures the same as my Tokina 11-16. I just put my Tokina on Nikon adapter, and realized I'd I'd never carry anything that big and heavy traveling. To my amazement, the Sony 10-18 weighs almost as much, and is larger than the Samyang.

I'll tolerate whatever optical deficiencies are in in my 16-50PZ and SEL16F28/UWA, and make do for super-wide with my tiny/light 8mm and Hemi software.

Those who slam the SEL16F28/UWA and 1650PZ must be willing to put up with heavier kit than me. I'll work harder to get more interesting images with these lighter, inferior lenses. The fun goes out of traveling like a lens sherpa.

This was a gobsmack experience for me. The only lenses I might use with an A7 might be my Leica M lenses. Period. I will stick with my D7000s and oversized lenses for business videos.

Unless they filled your 10-18 with lead, I have no idea what you're talking about. I have it and the 11-16 as well, they are not even close in weight or size.
--
-Nate

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow