Like?
Re: not intented
In reply to Mako2011, 10 months ago

Mako2011 wrote:

FujicaST605 wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

FujicaST605 wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

But nothing really changes...you could get the same framing advantage by taking a Sharpie marker to the viewfinder of any DSLR. Only difference with the 1.3x crop mode is the marking can be turned off so easier to erase than a grid drawn with a Sharpie

D5200 1.3x Crop mode firmware update

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Seriously?

Yes. That really is what 1.3x crop mode is. Same as drawing a box on your viewfinder with a Sharpie and only recording what's in the box. With the sharpie method though, if you change your mind you still have the entire scene recorded...but the file is bigger and fps went down

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

I know exactly what 1.3x crop mode is. I just found your response to my valid comment about what I ( and Jimoyer) find is an advantage (being able to see what's coming into frame before it does) as completely snarky and not up to your usual helpful standard.

Not snarky at all. It really is just a line and the D7000 also has near the same "framing advantage" you and Jimoyer are speaking to. It's enabled via menu d2 and called the "framing grind". If you use it as you describe using the D7100 1.3x grid... it could be called the D7000 "1.2x crop mode" depending which boundaries you use. No different really, regards the "framing advantage"

-- hide signature --

No Mako, it's really not the same, and at least some of the people here are missing the point.

jimoyer's gear list:jimoyer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D7100 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OKNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow