Is your photography better with FF?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
nuke12
Regular MemberPosts: 383Gear list
Like?
Re: Is your photography better with FF?
In reply to kelvin2345, 6 months ago

I don't think any sensor size, makes one a better photographer.

I feel one should pick a camera that allows you to do the things you want and provides the features to aid towards that goal.

I have a D800 but it is a much better camera then I am a photographer. Do I feel bad about this? No. I love the camera and I'm trying to grow into what I know it can do.

I'm sure that for 90% of my photography, the OM-D E-M1 or a D400 (if it ever comes) would have been fine. I just felt the D800 offered few boundaries for me and anyone that owned one.

On the other hand, I just bought the Nikon 1 V2. I never bought it as a system camera. For me, it's a 2.7x teleconverter to be used with my f-mount lenses. At the same time, I see people taking some fine (even excellent) pictures with this small 1" sensor.

There are pros and cons to every camera. The tough part is finding the camera that best meets your anticipated needs and goals. A smartphone can take amazing pictures in the right hands and under the right circumstances.

-- hide signature --

I'm a photo hacker. I use my expensive equipment to destroy anything in front of my camera. This is a special skill that can never be realized by low life photographers. A nurtured skill since the 1970's.

nuke12's gear list:nuke12's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
yesNew
NoNew
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow