Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 22,757
Like?
Re: Is your photography better with FF?
In reply to ranalli, 7 months ago

ranalli wrote:

kelvin2345 wrote:

I am not a big fan of Thom Hogan, but I think his recent post is very interesting.

http://www.dslrbodies.com/newsviews/is-your-photography-better.html

Thom is challenging whether the new photo gear that we purchased last Christmas has made us any better photographer.

I have been seeing a lot of "Should I move to FF?", "difference between f4 and f2.8 lens", "New DF coming" kind of posts in the past month. I really wonder whether the photos taken by those people have improved after spending all those money in new gears and gadgets.

I myself is a D600 user. The D600 was beaten to death with its dust issue and sub-standard AF module. But guess what, I just started to go pro with my D600 and all my clients like my results. I found it a fantastic camera and I can't get the most out of it yet.

To those who has bought new gears last Christmas - is your photography better?

-- hide signature --

kleungphoto.blogspot.com

I think the question is addressed differently for different groups of folks. To the guy coming from an iPhone or P&S to any kind of proper DSLR with lenses along with a good editing program(LR for example) the improvement will be significant and the equipment purchase warranted.

Not necessarily. The guy with the cell phone or P&S may in fact fail with a DSLR because he/she might not understand the basic differences. I have seem many complains and questions about "why is this image not sharp" when the only problem was the narrow DOF and not understanding the differences between a cell phone camera and a DSLR regarding DOF. That goes of course also for smaller sensor DSLRs, not necessarily FX.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
yesNew
NoNew
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow