Is your photography better with FF?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 22,693
Like?
Re: Is your photography better with FF?
In reply to kelvin2345, 6 months ago

kelvin2345 wrote:

I am not a big fan of Thom Hogan, but I think his recent post is very interesting.

http://www.dslrbodies.com/newsviews/is-your-photography-better.html

Thom is challenging whether the new photo gear that we purchased last Christmas has made us any better photographer.

Well, I have not bought ANY photo gear for Christmas, nor have I been given one...

I can only speak from my own experience, using FX did not make me better photographer. I learned photography on FF and used FF for 36 years (film of course) and then FT for three, DX for three and FX for a bit more than one year now, so the non-FF part of my life was just a parenthesis, a short break.

I have been seeing a lot of "Should I move to FF?", "difference between f4 and f2.8 lens", "New DF coming" kind of posts in the past month. I really wonder whether the photos taken by those people have improved after spending all those money in new gears and gadgets.

I never understood those type of questions.

I myself is a D600 user. The D600 was beaten to death with its dust issue and sub-standard AF module. But guess what, I just started to go pro with my D600 and all my clients like my results. I found it a fantastic camera and I can't get the most out of it yet.

Of course. Photography is not about gear, it is about photography. Your clients couldn't care less about what camera you are using or how it is battered on this forum or if it has oil spot issues or not as long as they are happy with the images you are taking.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
yesNew
NoNew
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow