Trial by Snow (mine, and yours as well by invitation)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 26,902Gear list
Like?
Trial by Snow (mine, and yours as well by invitation)
9 months ago

Well, it sure was quite the snowstorm that reached NYC and parts East.   I color myself, at least, fortunate for being able to enjoy it (as opposed to others that are suffering through it all in one way or another).

With the intensity and blow, it put the bag and the body/lens combo to quite the test.   I didn't use a weather sealed lens, so concern for the buildup and freezing on the body/lens was there.

In this snow the MF lenses were not favorable, between shooting into the wind and wanting to be quick about gear exposure.   I did forget to bring the dry sack to cover the body when out and not in use. . .  Returned home to order that Oly 17mm lens to stand in for the 17.5 Nokton in situations like this, as well as finally opting for the 12-40/2.8.  The Billingham 307 held up well, even with blow that got in while accessing the bag.

Took the E-M5 and E-M1, you know, for lens change reasons.   They both fared well - though at one point the moisture got around the control dials and they froze (a little force freed them up).    I've never had so much snow quickly build and freeze on a body like last night, and as I set them out to dry and warm up after a good wipe down all the components appeared fine (but I still have to check them further later).

Set out at 10pm, got back in at 2-3am, the latter two hours were the worst as far as cold/wind went, but I was dressed for it making it . . . an adventure of sorts.

Another photographer, looking for some sustenance.

Same place, another atmosphere

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +19 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow