D5300 vs EOS 70D

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
OpticsEngineer
Senior MemberPosts: 2,471Gear list
Like?
Re: D5300 vs EOS 70D
In reply to KKhan, 8 months ago

I see in a previous discussion you created you are interested in photographs of pets and children , fast low light autofocus especially in LIVE LCD mode.

Read all the dpreview reviews for Nikon APS-C cameras and look in the conclusions sections for Cons.  You will see slow AF in Live View is a problem with Nikon APS-C cameras   (I have a D7100 and can verify it is not slow, it is super-slow.  If you are talking about pets and childern, they won't even still be in frame before the AF has a chance to lock.)

My Sony A65 is much better in this regard.   But that camera is two years old with an updated version coming this spring supposedly.   I am really quite interested to see what they come up with.

I would suggest sticking with the Canon 70D for at least six months and then see what else is out there.

When I got my first DSLR, it seemed large and heavy.  I was really surpised at how fast I got used to the size and weight.  I almost never think about it anymore.

OpticsEngineer's gear list:OpticsEngineer's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V Fujifilm XF1 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow