focusing in very dim light with my D800,D800E and D600...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Simone S
Regular MemberPosts: 105Gear list
Like?
focusing in very dim light with my D800,D800E and D600...
3 months ago

Hi everyone.

I have one d600,one d800 and one d800e and i experienced troubles focusing with fast nikon lenses (50mm f1.4, 85mm f1.8, 85mm f1.4) while using flash with af assist ir of the 4 sb700 and sb900 i have. On the contrary i can perfectly focus with the sigma art 35mm at 1.4 and with the sigma 50mm 1.4 in the same conditions. For example, to focus correctly with nikon 35mm f1.4 using the ir af assist from the flash i need to put -15 or -11 or -20 in af fine tune depending on the body i'm using...while the equivalent sigma 35mm f1.4 focuses perfectly without tunining on all my 3 bodies!

I shoot mostly events in very dim light and when possible i switch to af-c using existing light to focus but mostly it is impossible to switch off the af assist light because it's too dark.. this problem is annoying me so much that i'm seriously thinking to switch to Canon!!!! Is anyone else having this problem? Solutions?

Thx

Simone S's gear list:Simone S's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
Nikon D600 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow