DAM software replacement for IDImager

Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
fuego6
Senior MemberPosts: 1,694
Like?
Re: DAM software replacement for IDImager
In reply to t o m, 11 months ago

t o m wrote:

Curious have people found solutions they are happy with?

Have the Daminion questions been answered?

(Not looking forward to organising a *lot* of photos that have never been organised - so would like to start as 'right' as possible.)

For the best in DAM software at the moment - we are still looking at Idimager (now know as Supreme), Daminion, ACDSee Pro and Lightroom.  A newer versions of iMatch is in closed beta and perhaps someday a catalog based version of Photo Mechanic will be released (its been "in development" for at least 4 years now).

Personally, I still think Idimager is the best of the bunch.. the new Supreme is top notch and version 2 is coming out in a few weeks that offers GPS panels which was sorely missing from the original version.

Not sure how iMatch NG will look when released - the teaser stuff I've seen look nice.. but until it is out of closed beta.. who knows!

I love the idea of Lightroom... all in one solution without the need to export updated images. but its DAM side of thing is sorely lacking... wish they would pay some attention to that in the next release.. but so far.. nothing!

Good luck!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow