Tbolt47
Senior MemberPosts: 1,465Gear list
Like?
Re: I never compared my two cameras directly
In reply to Stephen Knox, 11 months ago

Stephen Knox wrote:

Tbolt47 wrote:

Stephen Knox wrote:

Using the crop mode on the D7100 gives you around the same MP as a regular image from the D7000.

How does an image from the D7100 taken in crop mode compare with the an image from the D7000 quality-wise?

I must do this when I get the time.

If you own both cams, I look forward to seeing that......at your leisure.

But if you just download the images from here http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-d7100/22 to compare it will give you an idea.

It gives an idea, but only shows the 24MP version of the D7100.

My logic might be flawed, but because the sensor of both cameras is the same size, wouldn't the pixels on the D7000 shot be bigger and less crammed because they are spread across the whole of the sensor and not just a proportion of it like the D7100 in crop mode?

And wouldn't this give the D7000 image the edge?

I'd be interested to know for sure.

Yes that's how I understand it as well that's why I said download the images - you can then resize the D7100 to the same size as the D7000 image giving you an approximation of what it would be like, I know it's not 100%, but that's why I said an idea

Tbolt47's gear list:Tbolt47's gear list
Olympus E-620 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OKNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow