How robust is a D800?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
CFynn
Senior MemberPosts: 5,223Gear list
Like?
Re: How robust is a D800?
In reply to golf1982, 11 months ago

golf1982 wrote:

Came accoss this article http://www.bythom.com/photographic-travel/africa/botswana-2013-workshop-blog/the-measure-of-a-safari.html which surprised me because now the left focus issue is sorted it seems to be a very robust body And A google search shows up no such issues.

wondered if anyone here has had any issues?

I haven't had any issues like this with the D800 ~ but I never had with the D7000 either. Then again I've never dropped either camera with a heavy lens attached, and hopefully never will.

There may be something in it though, as I can't see why Thom would make this up. Anyway, I've always suspected the extra "robustness" the D800 is supposed to have over the D610 may be a little over rated. Sure the D800 uses more metal than they do, but we don't hear of many D600 / D610 bodies cracking or breaking. Weather sealing seems to be about the same too.

CFynn's gear list:CFynn's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow