BirgerH
Senior MemberPosts: 1,446Gear list
Like?
Re: Really :)
In reply to Mako2011, 10 months ago

Mako2011 wrote:

FujicaST605 wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

But nothing really changes...you could get the same framing advantage by taking a Sharpie marker to the viewfinder of any DSLR. Only difference with the 1.3x crop mode is the marking can be turned off so easier to erase than a grid drawn with a Sharpie

D5200 1.3x Crop mode firmware update

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Seriously?

Yes. That really is what 1.3x crop mode is. Same as drawing a box on your viewfinder with a Sharpie and only recording what's in the box. With the sharpie method though, if you change your mind you still have the entire scene recorded...but the file is bigger and fps went down

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Yeah, Mako - but some people (not I) are shooting OOC-Jpegs only. And to them, the 1.3 crop-mode is like having a D4 with a 2x teleconverter. We can all cheat ourselves.:-)

By the way - wish all firmware updates was that easy to implement.

BirgerH.

BirgerH's gear list:BirgerH's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OKNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow