SD card for the S100

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
boogisha
Regular MemberPosts: 280Gear list
Like?
Re: SD card for the S100
In reply to Regatta, 10 months ago

Regatta wrote:

I have the S100 and someone gave me a Sony SDHC UHS-1 sd card. It says on the package
High Speed up to 40 MB/s - Used for DSLR. Recommended for DSLR cameras and full HD Camcorders.

I was wondering, can I use it on my S100 or should I return it and ask them to get something else?

S100 manual (user guide, page 16) suggests that SDHC memory cards are supported, so you should be fine Just remember to format the card once put in camera.

A note about DSLRs and cameras is there to express the pretty good card speed which can be very useful in speed-demanding devices and/or situations/shooting modes, as DSLRs and cameras might require - so this is a good thing for the card itself

Now, I`m not sure if S100 will be able to fully utilize the card speed, but depending on your previous SD card you might feel some speed up in burst-shooting mode, maybe even in shoot-to-shoot time when shooting RAW, but that might be pretty unnoticeable, if any different.

Anyway, there are no drawbacks, and you might find the card useful in the future, too, with devices that can make real use of fast read/write speed. Enjoy your shooting!

boogisha's gear list:boogisha's gear list
Canon PowerShot A75 Canon ELPH 300 HS Canon PowerShot S120
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow