Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David Butler
Regular MemberPosts: 132
Like?
Key Aspects of Street Photography
3 months ago

2014 will be the year when I take more photos. And after quite some years I know what I like (e.g. architecture, candid portraits, machinery, macro, wildlife - birds and bugs). But there's more to explore, and some subject types still make me ponder - e.g. I never used to 'get' black and white until I asked some questions here and looked at examples - and now I'm experimenting and producing photos that I like (maybe not what others prefer). Strangely enough the breakthrough was buying Silver Efex Pro - with so many presets and adjustments I've had great fun creating the effect I like.

So my next personal challenge is 'street photography'. I think I know what it means to others but I've never practiced. I've looked at some examples online but I'm still a little lost. Maybe I'm a bit shy of snapping away in the street, I certainly lack experience, and am not sure what I'm hoping to capture (yet).

Therefore I would appreciate some beginner street photography hints and then I'll go out and practice.

I will either use my Fuji X100 or my favourite camera which is (don't laugh now) a well used second hand Canon 5D with a 40mm pancake lens. Or a Nikon V1 with 50mm lens.

Thanks for reading this and I look forward to the responses.

Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
psNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow