Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Roar Arne Velle
Forum MemberPosts: 59Gear list
Like?
Waiting for a pro DX? Don't?
11 months ago

Look at late Nikkor DX lenses. You will only find consumer grade ones, not a single prosumer or pro lens. And what is more disturbing, - not a rumor or a patent indicating a change. If you want a fast prolike lens beyond the 35 1.8, you have to go to Sigma or to FX country. The story is written with capitals. Do anyone then realy believe Nikon will produce a new pro DX camera body?

I am not happy with the situation. Nikon should not be either. They are producing some of the best, if not the best APS-C cameras capable of supporting pro work not far away from FX, but the lenses, at least the Nikkor, are lacking. Two lenses can't be found anywhere: A realy good superwide zoom, - a 14-24 2.8 look-alike, the 10-16/18 f2.8 high quality DX zoom, and the long 150-500 f4 DX zoom. I have counted at least 8  prosumer or pro DX lenses Nikon must produce to make us believe APS-C is, in Nikons eyes, something more than consumer grade, supporting prosumer D7xxx and pro Dxxx DX bodies.

Looking at quality bodies and lenses coming from micro4/3 and APS-C Fuji and Pentax, I think Nikon is loosing salesnumbers. If Nikon want to catch up with Canon and protect from others, I think they have to invest not only in FX, but as much in DX. In a faling market, maybe this is the right time to do it? A humble wish for 2014/15?

Roar Arne Velle's gear list:Roar Arne Velle's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +12 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow