Did all Professionals moved to Digital yet?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Newkidhere
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Did all Professionals moved to Digital yet?
9 months ago

Sorry still hanging with Canon EOS300 Film SLR.. I just to basic Aperture, TL (Shutter Speed) and A-DEP .. very novice .. still have no clue the science of distance I should move to a subject to get right Aperture based picture in the crowd .. I do it on trial and error thanks to the view finder. I still take moving picture by panning my camera in bit low speed setting to try to get the moving effect . .I still take the pictures of the water falls and night sky by manipulating the shutter speed but ask me the Maths behind it or the lens I go pale .. Well this is me. .Now I dropped my camera and shattered it for 4th time and replaced each time with same canon film SLRs(Used ones). .. planning to buy new one again ..

1. Thought why not I buy Minolta maxxium 9 as that I learned is rugged or Canon EOS 1v

Prices of both forced me to look for digital to see if I got equivalent ..NO. I am confused looking at the digital cameras .. Yeah they are awesome to experiment and become perfect very tempting but .. There are so many things on Digital front .. (Should I choose Mirrorless or SLR) .. should I choose full format sensor one or compromise ? Went around and started to google reading stuff and now I gave up to seek help .. what would you a professional in you advise me .. Now you know what I do .. there are so many factors in Digital cameras which are daunting

1. Picture quality as good as Film camera or nearly as good 2. Pictures per charge and capacity and slots of memory

Or should I go ahead with Minolta Maxxium 9 and wait a few more years where digital technology is near equal to Film and affordable. My skill is around 1 in this area and if you can answer me with links and stuff so that I can read and understand what you are saying, I would learn and take your opinions, research and take a decision..

Thanks in Advance.

Newkidhere obviously

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow