Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 15,104Gear list
Like?
Re: Shutter Shock a myth
In reply to D Cox, 10 months ago

D Cox wrote:

Djnww wrote:

I agree. I can only assume that there are some badly assembled units out there resulting in shutter shock.

I have had no issues using the A7R handheld. I was surprised to find a 'definitive shutter shock proof' review where blurriness was seen in a photo at 100mm whilst on a tripod, when in fact my handheld shots are a lot sharper.

That seems reasonable to me. Your hands will damp the vibration, while a tripod (especially one with a ball-and-socket head) is more likely to resonate. or what?

In my opinion the only real solution will be for Sony to develop a comparable sensor with an electronic first curtain. Then you can be certain there is no vibration.

The A7 has an electronic first curtain shutter, just as they have used this device on their MILC cameras for a few years, now. For some unknown reason Sony has chosen to leave it off the A7r. Would you have Sony not install the one from the A7, or replace it with a different designed EFCS, or what? I am mystified about your meaning.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow