Chris Malcolm
Contributing MemberPosts: 873Gear list
Like?
Re: Shutter Shock a myth
In reply to John M Roberts, 11 months ago

John M Roberts wrote:

D Cox wrote:

Djnww wrote:

I agree. I can only assume that there are some badly assembled units out there resulting in shutter shock.

I have had no issues using the A7R handheld. I was surprised to find a 'definitive shutter shock proof' review where blurriness was seen in a photo at 100mm whilst on a tripod, when in fact my handheld shots are a lot sharper.

That seems reasonable to me. Your hands will damp the vibration, while a tripod (especially one with a ball-and-socket head) is more likely to resonate.

In my opinion the only real solution will be for Sony to develop a comparable sensor with an electronic first curtain. Then you can be certain there is no vibration.

The suggestion for a 1/8 or so delay would not be ideal but I could live with it. Eliminating it as you suggest with the electronic first curtain would be great. Did I remember correctly that the non "R" has the electronic first curtain? If so, what could be the reason not to include it in the 36mp model?

Maybe it can run fast enough over the 24MP image, but not for the 36MP image.

-- hide signature --

Chris Malcolm

Chris Malcolm's gear list:Chris Malcolm's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony 500mm F8 Reflex +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow