Re: The future for Fuji cameras
In reply to 57even, 11 months ago

57even wrote:

LWS2013 wrote:

57even wrote:

LWS2013 wrote:

mooshoepork wrote:

Not trying to troll...

But given the recent sales reports over at fuji rumors, does anyone else worry about the potential for Fuji to throw in the towel and abandon this venture?

Having only sold 700,000...seems really low.

I love my x100s and x-e2, but I'm worried that if they continue to not make money they'll withdraw.

It's a tough market to crack, and I hope they fair better in 2014.

Thoughts?

If Fuji drop the X sensor and use a bayer one instead then they have a future, at the moment a great camera and lens systems is being ruined by the X sensor

No. It isn't.

Yes, it is, the X sensor is the biggest arguing point of the whole system, some like it and some don't but many put up with it because they like the cameras and lenses.

Arguing? Not from me. It's just that forums generally attract all the complainers. It's been a long time since I came here for advice.

Clearly a lot of people are managing just fine with Xtrans, so perhaps the complainers protest too much?

I just found ways to make it work instead of complaining about it.

This sums up the whole thread IMHO. People reply from their own perspective rather than accept the general consensus may be totally different.

If one is to consider the future for Fuji cameras, an specifically the X-Trans ones, we all must look from a wider perspective to make accurate judgements.

And whilst the X-Trans is OK for some users on this forum (which by it's very nature attracts enthusiasts of the X-Trans sensor) there is a much wider market out there that is far more important to Fujifilm and they simply do not want the hassle of changing their workflow. This applies to many professionals and enthusiasts.

The notion that Adobe should change their software to meet the demands of a handful of enthusiasts is unreal. If the X-Trans was widely adopted it may have been realistic, but Fuji should know through their terrible sales figures that the be befits for most users do not warrant changing workflow.

So many professionals I talk to on shoots WANT to love the Fuji because they absolutely adore the retro styling and manual controls of the camera, and have great things to say about the lenses.

But almost all of them agree that they do not want to change their workflow, or risk having X-Trans issues with their final output.

The simple fact is most people buy the Fuji for it's colours and functionality - not for the X-Trans sensor, so having the same sensor as the X100 in an ILC makes more sense, especially when you consider how well adopted this was by professionals.

A return to that is what's needed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow